Facebook has simple Insights for business! Skip the number crunching in this post. I’m a people kind of person so let’s head right over to the ‘People’ tab on your Facebook fan page and take a look around. For those of you who shy away from numbers and data, I encourage you to take a peek.
At the top of your Facebook fan page you will see headers: Page, Messages, Notifications, Insight, Posts. We are going to be looking at the Insights tab, so go ahead and click on it.
Now you will see another set of tabs below the ones mentioned above: Overview, Likes, Reach, Visits, Posts, People. Click on the People tab.
This is where we will be focusing our attention today. You will see yet another set of tabs under People: Your Fans, People Reached, and People Engaged. Each tab tells a different story. Check yours out. Meanwhile, I will share what I found to be true based on my Facebook fan page Insights according to the first People tab:
- 84% women
- 27% are between the ages of 35-44
- 29% are between the ages of 45-54
- 632 are in the United States of America
- 38 of those fans are in San Antonio, Texas
- 707 are English (US)
Another story is revealed when looking at the second People tab.
- 89% women
- 35% are between the ages of 35-44
- 26% are between the ages of 45-54
- 8311 reached are in the United States of America
- 144 reached in San Antonio, Texas; 79 in Houston, Texas; and 70 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- 8010 reached in English (US); 203 in Spanish; and 171 in English (UK).
And yet another story is revealed by the third People tab.
- 95% women
- 33% are between the ages of 35-44
- 36% are between the ages of 45-54
- 310 engaged in the United States of America; 3 in Canada; and 3 in the United Kingdom
- 13 engaged in San Antonio, Texas; 5 in Fort Worth, Texas; and 4 in Louisville, Kentucky.
- 308 engaged in English (US); 5 in Spanish; and 5 in English (UK).
Without a lot of hard number crunching Facebook offers simple Insights for business that an owner can quickly see who their fans are by gender, age, location, and language.