Surprisingly Simple, Easy Healthy Habits
A quick message from me: I’ve noticed an increased number of post and comments about losing weight, eating healthy and exercise so I thought it was appropriate to dig up an old blog post which includes some timely information about the subject(s) that seem to be on the minds of many. I’ve broken it up into three parts. I hope this helps some of you gain a fresh perspective.
There are more than these surprisingly simple, easy healthy habits. My husband and I made a choice to incorporated some of these habits simply because we wanted to enjoy good health in our latter years.
Now there’s no guarantee of what our latter years will be like however, we decided to make some habit changes now in hopes of healthy years ahead. Don’t let the word “habit” scare you off–it’s simply means usual manner of behavior. The best thing about a habit is you get to create it!
Drastic measures aside there are ways to lose weight without turning your life upside down and inside out. This is where the habits come in. Create good habits now for your epic life ahead! Keep in mind, slow and steady wins the race.
Today I want to share with you some of my surprisingly simple, easy healthy habits:
- I drink one glass of water as soon as I get up in the morning.
- I drink another glass of water on my way out the door.
- I don’t skip breakfast. This doesn’t mean you have to eat traditional breakfast food. Eat something! Smoothies enhanced with protein mix have become one of my favorites!
- I removed the word “diet” from my vocabulary. I in turn opted to say “we changed our eating habits.”
- I found out which fruits I really enjoyed and began eating them in their proper season.
- I highly recommend trying new spices and herbs to change the flavor of what you normally eat.
- Become aware of portion sizes. Really, read the suggested portions found on labels, you might be surprised by what you consume compared to what’s suggested.
- Limit salt consumption. Notice I said, “limit” not eliminate.
- Avocados are a “good fat” so EAT UP! <–Tweet this!
- Get moving–take the stairs, park a little further from the front entrance of where ever you’re going.
I have said it before, I’ll say it again, “one size does not fit all.” I encourage you to find out what works for you, your lifestyle and your family. There are more than these surprisingly simple, easy healthy habits; the list here are just a few habits we have adapted to get to a healthier us. I would love for you to share with me a healthy habit you would like to create or one you already have.