Surprisingly Simple, Easy Healthy Habits
There are numerous surprisingly simple, easy healthy habits which can be incorporated into your everyday living. I encourage you to look ahead to the reward of easy healthy habits rather than the discomfort of making a change. Making a change requires you making up your mind and committing to taking action. Here’s a few more surprisingly simple easy healthy habits to consider:
- When you think you are hungry even though you have eaten, try drinking a glass of water before you dive into something else to eat. Sometimes your body is telling you, you are thirsty!
- Not a fan of plain water? Fill your glass half with juice or tea and the other half with water.
- Get enough rest. Try to go to bed at night at the same time even if you aren’t sleepy, the rest will do you good.
- Try alternative snacks–nuts, fruits, veggies. Figure out what you like (sweet, salty, crunchy).
- Dance, it’s fun and it’s movement!
- I leave a water glass conveniently beside my pitcher of water.
- Use smaller plates for meals. We generally have a tendency to fill the space on our plate. If you’re like me, I was raised to clean my plate.
- Use ramekins to measure out portions. These small dishes range in size from 3.5 to 6 ounces.
- Remember your best food choices lie in the perimeter of the grocery store–don’t get sucked into the middle, that’s where the tempting stuff is stocked.
- Water with the juice of 1/2 lemon before bed helps eliminate toxins from your body. I do this for one full month per quarter. It’s also great for my complexion.
So the next time you find yourself at loss for what to do to combat the issue of weight loss, healthy eating or exercise I hope you will recall this post and remember it doesn’t have to be difficult to make a difference. A few small habit changes can set you on the right course to achieve the results you are striving for.
Which one of these surprisingly simple easy habits resonates most with you? Let me know in the comment section below.