Why Ask Random Questions
Asking random questions is a great way to get to know your fans and followers better. When you take the time to answer random questions asked by others it helps people to get to know, like, and trust you too. An answer given to a random question will give readers insight into the person behind the keyboard, laptop, or mobile device.
Social media has changed the way we do business in so many ways. Where else can you meet so many people without having to travel or leave the comfort of your home or office?
It’s not evident at first but once using any social media platform for any amount of time you will notice the relationship building power of random questions. Adopt the practice of keeping an ongoing list of questions, fill-in-the-blank, quotes, trivia and such in swipe file for easy access when creating posts for social media. This will save you hours of staring at the blinking cursor on your screen trying to come up with something brilliant to share with your audience.
Samples of Questions
Here are seven random questions known for getting engagement on Facebook:
- Q: What are your favorite tips to get a good night’s sleep?
- Cold weather makes me want to __________ .
- What’s the first T word that pops into your head?
- What was the last movie you saw in the theater?
- On Saturday night, would you rather go to:
B: a professional sporting event
C: a popular new movie
- I never had a __________ but I would like one.
- What’s on your must-do list for today? You know, that one thing that will get the ball rolling with momentum to carry you through the entire week?
Writing this blog post was on my must-do list for today and that gets the ball rolling for continued content sharing on my social media platforms throughout the entire week.
- I have never had an all expense paid trip to New York City, but I would like one.
- On Saturday night, I would like to go to a ballet/theater/symphony event.
- The last movie I saw in the theater was War Room.
- Terrific is the first T word that popped into my head.
- Cold weather makes me want to cook something like stew or soup in the crock pot.
- My favorite tip for getting a good night’s sleep is putting a drop of lavender essential oil on the soles of my feet combined with deep breathing for relaxation.
Now, it’s your turn. Choose one question and share your answer on my Facebook fan page by clicking here.